Oh My Gourd! It's a Virtual 5K!
We are hosting our very first VIRTUAL 5K!!!
Are you a a person of any age from anywhere? Then you are invited!
You don't run??? No worries. You can participate in any form or anywhere -- running, walking, hiking, biking, kayaking, rolling, strolling, swimming, or any other way.
Let's give everyone pumpkin to talk about. Do the 5K dressed in costume, carrying a pumpkin, or in team clothing. Regourdless of how you participate, make sure you do 16,404 feet or 3.1 miles and have FUN!
Here's how it works:
- Register for the race by clicking the link above. The registration fee is $30 (except for youth registered in the BSA who are $25) and includes a commemorative neck gaiter & number bib, and a participant medal. Commemorative moisture-wicking shirts are available for purchase in youth and adult sizes with your registration or on their own. Shipping is included in the registration fee.
- Encourage others to join in on this regional effort to support our LOCAL Scouting programs!
- We will begin shipping your goodies about September 22 or when we receive your order if after September 22. If you order by September 22, you should get your materials before the 5K begins.
- Join us October 3rd as we go LIVE on our TRC Facebook page to kick off our 5K.
- Complete your 5K anytime between October 3rd, starting with our LIVE broadcast on Facebook, through October 10th.
- Celebrate that you made an important difference by sharing photos before, during, and after on our Facebook event page that you participated in the 5K.
Twin Rivers Council, like other non-profits, was hit hard financially this spring and throughout the year. All of the traditional special event fundraisers had to be canceled, and we stopped asking for donations for our Friends of Scouting fundraising campaign in understanding that many people were also financially affected.
This fundraiser is our chance to safely fund the programs that are so important to the youth in our LOCAL areas. Twin Rivers Council covers 25% of the area in the state of NY, encompassing 13 counties from Columbia County to the south, all the way up to the Candian border. Our office is located in Albany.