57th Annual Klondike Derby and Deep Feeze
January 17-19, 2020 at Camp Wakpominee
Is your patrol really a team?
"The superior Patrols will be those with the most effective boy leadership and the best cooperation..."
Do You have what it takes?
"...truly a High Adventure event in the form of a winter skill competition among Scout Patrols."
Be Prepared. For Life.
"This fundamental knowledge will enable the Scouts to cope with the winter environment comfortably and safely..."
Cubs Are Welcome to Observe!
Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts, Pack leaders and parents - Packs, Dens or families - are invited to visit for all or part of the day on Saturday to observe the "Klondike Derby". The action starts at 10:00 Saturday morning when the first Derby Patrols leave the starting line at Willow and ends at 4:30 when the Mayors shut down their cities.
Changes To Watch Out For...
- You can drive in camp up to the Visitor lot during the Klondike if you need to. You must stay under 5 mph, and you must stop if you see scouts. After they are clear, you can proceed. Due to slippery roads, we recommend you only drive in camp if you have really good winter traction.
- Driving past the visitor lot (up the hill) is prohibited during the event except for emergency vehicles or if a Mayor authorizes it.
Things you should know...
- $7 per person (scout or adult, on line or on site, it doesn’t matter. Just $7 per person).
- Parking went well, so we're doing the same setup as last year.
- Registration is in Gelder Hall
"The Leader of the group must try to avoid getting hung up on the problems of the moment. Let someone else worry....As a leader, your job is to think ahead, and plan. You must arange to keep your own brain clear and clam to wrry about about the big picture, because planning in advance how to cope with problems will prevent them from becoming serious."
"Thirty Below is a Piece of Cake"
December 30, 1979