2021 National Scout Jamboree
July 21, 2021 to July 30, 2021
Scouting’s flagship event is one-of-a-kind. It’s a gathering of approximately 40,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include; one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more!
The first Boy Scouts of America national jamboree was scheduled to be held in Washington, D.C., in 1935 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Scouting in America. Unfortunately, the jamboree was canceled because of a polio outbreak in Washington. When the first jamboree was finally held in 1937, Dan Beard lit the opening campfire using flint and steel. Scouts from all 48 states brought the wood that was used in the campfire. There were 27,232 Scouts camped on the National Mall under the Washington Monument. Since that time, an additional 18 national jamborees have been held, the last in 2017.
Every four years, Twin Rivers Council puts together a Jamboree Contingent, one of the largest contingents of Scouts to attend the National Jamboree. The Contingent consists of anywhere from 2 to 4 units, comprised each of 36 youth and 4 adult leaders. This year units will include Male Troops, Female Troops, and Venture Crews.
Besides the Jamboree experience itself, there are many costs that are incurred in preparation for the event. These costs include (but may not be limited to):
- Travel to and from the site
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events
- Jamboree gear, including all troop/crew specific gear (flags, unit numerals, water bottles, hats, shirts, backpack, duffel bag, patches)
- Jamboree event fee
- Dedicated Scouting professional and support staff to facilitate and assist in a successful Jamboree experience
The cost of the Jamboree for our Council is set at $1900. For participants who stay on track with the payment schedule, will be eligible for a $100 credit.
The payment schedule is as follows:
Registration Deposit: $200
January 2020: $200
March 2020: $200
April 2020: $200
May 2020: $200
June 2020: $200
July 2020: $200
August 2020: $200
September 2020: $200
November 2020: $100
The Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis. Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
- Registered member of a Scout Troop, who has completed the 6th grade, or will be at least 12 years old (but who has not yet reached their 18th birthday by 8/1/2021) and a first class Scout by July 1, 2021. --OR--
- Registered member of a Venture Crew.
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
Adult Participants will be selected by the Jamboree Coordinator and the committee. If you are interested in attending as a unit leader, you should send an email to Nick Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.