Districts in Twin Rivers Council
A Scouting District is a geographical area of the council. District leaders mobilize resources to ensure the growth and success of Scouting units with in the district's territory. The purpose of the district is to work through chartered organizations and community groups to organize and support successful units. Also, all districts are responsible for carrying out four standard functions: membership, finance, program, and unit service.
Beginning January 1st, 2017, the Twin Rivers Council will be transitioning to a new service model of five districts. This process has been a careful one conducted with the leadership of many volunteers. For more behind the reasoning, you can read a letter from our Council President, Mark Holtzman.
- The map was developed with school districts in mind. No school district will be split by a district line.
- Districts are in the process of securing their new leadership and from there there district committees will be formed.
- New district names, if applicable, will be determined by the new district committees with the approval of the executive committee.
- You can find a full listing of units and where they will be serviced here. (Note: This is a list from end of the year 2015.)
- Our website will reflect the new service model after the first of the year. In the meantime, some districts will provide info on their progress. You can find it here:
- District 1 (Clinton, Essex, and Franklin)
- District 2 (Albany)
- District 3 (Columbia, Rennselaer, southeast Saratoga, and southern Washington)
- District 4 (Northern Saratoga, Warren, and Washington)
- District 5 (Schenectady, Fulton, Montgomery, Hamilton, and Southwest Saratoga)
- October- District transition teams meeting from now until the end of the year
- December 15- District Chair and Commissioners for 2017 need to be named
- January 1- New service model begins
- January to May- New districts work out policies and procedures
- April/May- New districts to hold first camporees
- Fall 2017- Review team to meet and examine the process and make any recommendations for changes
If you have a question or comment for the Council Officers, please email us here.