Our Camping Programs
Council Camping Chairman: Floyd Terry
Staff Advisor: Julie VanAmburgh
In the Twin Rivers Council we take great pride in our facilities and camping programs provided to our members.
We completely understand that it is in the camps that Scouting comes alive, and we take very seriously our obligation to provide a one of a kind experience to all who walk our trails.
Camping is a creative, educational experience in cooperative group living in the outdoors. It uses the natural surroundings to contribute significantly to physical, mental, spiritual, and social growth.
- Camping contributes to good health.
- Camping helps campers develop self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Camping enhances spiritual growth.
- Camping contributes to social development.
- Camping is an experience in citizenship training.
- Camping at the Cub Scout level introduces boys to the knowledge and skills that they will learn and apply more thoroughly as a Boy Scout.
Cub Scouting offers camping opportunities for Cub Scouts through day camps, resident camps, Webelos den overnight campouts, council-organized family camps, and pack overnighters.