Campmaster Program Needs Your Help
Our Council Campmaster Program May Be Just For You.
A weekend Campmaster is a registered Scouter who is willing to serve at one of the Council Camps for weekend camps whenever Troops, Teams, Packs, Crews or Posts are using any part of the camp property.
Campmasters select their own time and frequency of service, but they usually serve two to four times a year. Generally Friday through Sunday.
- Be a registered Scouter
- Completed Youth Protection Training
- Is knowledgeable in First Aid
General Duties of Campmasters
- A Campmaster serves on average one to four units per weekend.
- They render commissioner-type service to the units in camp, working with and through the youth leaders and adult leaders.
- A schedule is made up with Campmasters assigned for each weekend camp. In case of schedule conflict, the Campmaster arranges his own substitute among other Campmaster members and notifies the Camp Ranger or Head Campmaster of any change.
- Campmasters supply their own transportation, bedding, and food.
- Campmastersare asked to serve two to four times a year.
- Campmasters have knowledge of the Scout method of camping, purposes of Scout camping, and the patrol method in camping.
- Campmasters report to the Camp Ranger or the Head Campmaster any feedback on their experience with each unit and any observed or reported probems.
- Campmasters are responsible to the Scout executive or to another staff member appointed by the Scout executive, or to the Camp Ranger.
On Site General Duties;
Arrive before campers for check-in and opening of any gates or buildings.
Introduce yourself and offer assistance if needed to those checking in for the weekend.
Check in the unit.
Provide any information or announcements needed to the unit for the weekend.
Enforce and assist that all vehicles are parked according to camp policies.
Visit the campsite/cabin to ensure safe camping and to promote camping spirit and cooperation
Notify the Camp Ranger and Scout executive in case of any serious emergency
The Council Camp will supply the following for Campmasters:
- Suitable quarters and sanitary cooking facilities
- Campmaster patch (after you have completed 3 weekends at any Twin Rivers Council camps, starting in September of 2015)
- Emergency equipment, facilities, and plans
- Checkout and report guides
To sign up as a Campmaster, contact: