Accepting Applications for ADK District Executive Position
About the position:
This position will be based in Saranac Lake, New York.
What do professionals in Scouting do every day? The responsibilities are as broad as the tasks are varied, and no two days are the same for a typical Scouting district executive. No matter where they work, in the city, the suburbs, or the countryside, one thing is for certain—this is anything but a "cubicle" job.
Our field staff are typically found in the community, not behind a desk. The job of the professional Scouter is to inspire, recruit, train, and support the BSA's adult volunteers. In addition, they work with community leaders to rally public support for Scouting.
The basic qualifications are:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Adult—must have attained age 21 unless prohibited by any applicable law
- People-oriented, having the ability to work well with adult volunteers, community and business leaders, and representatives of other organizations
- Able to work varied hours when necessary to achieve positive objectives
- Believe in the BSA and subscribe to its principles and standards
- Be approved to receive a professional Scouting commission
More information about Professional Scouting available at: http://www.scouting.org/jobs.aspx
Submit your application at: Monster.com or Use this link: ADK District Executive Position