2017 Nuts for Scouting Fundraiser to Raise Money For Summer Camp
The Nuts for Scouting Fundraiser will run from February 1st to March 27th. This fundraisers will be for all Cubs, Webelos, Boy Scouts, Ventures, and Explorers.
There are many benefits for not only the unit, but the Scout!
- Help pay your OWN way to Summer Resident Camp, Day Camp, or Family Camp!
- Get a new uniform or other equipment for camp
- Provide funding for special unit summer event
- Work on Salesmanship Merit Badge
- Save for a High Adventure Trip
This fundraiser does not replace the fall popcorn sale. It is an additional opportunity to raise funds and help our Scouting families out with everyday scouting expenses.
Nuts for Scouting Fundraiser
In cooperation with Virginia Diner Peanut Company, registered Twin Rivers Council Scouting members and families are invited to sell nuts to help provide funds for individual or unit needs. The Nut Sale is an opportunity for Units or members to help Scouts attend one of our great Scout Camps (Rotary, Wakpominee, Boyhaven, or one of the many Day Camp opportunities).
- All Products are between $10.00 and $20.00
- Scouts earn a patch for filling a order sheet
- Earn a 35% Commission
- Each Scout who sells 5 or more containers will earn an entry into a drawing for a free week at Camp
- The 25 Top Sellers Council wide will receive a Limited Edition Winners Circle Hat.
Nuts for Scouting Show and Sell
Again this year, we will have nut products on hand which you may sign out for Show and Sells on a first come, first serve basis. These products may be signed out for a 2 week block allowing you to schedule back-to-back weekend Show n' Sells.
Check list for how the Show n' Sell works:
- Check the Council website Show n' Sell Schedule for available dates.
- Make arrangements with your desired location.
- Email Ruth to reserve your product and dates.
- Product is picked up and signed for on the Thursday before your 1st weekend.
- Hold your Show n' Sell(s).
- Return unsold product on the Tuesday after your Show n' Sell(s).
- You will only be charged for the product sold.
Dates Available for Nuts for Scouting Show n' Sell
This year, at least initially, there are 2 sets of product in the Adirondack District available, 2 sets of product in the Wakpominee District available, and 4 sets of product available for the Greater Capital Region. As product is sold, we will reduce the number of available dates and use the leftover as restock.
Product is signed out for 12 day periods allowing units to have back to back weekend Show n' Sells. Once a unit makes a reservation for product, they will pick up their product on the Thursday before their first weekend, hold their Show n' Sells, then return the unsold product by the Tuesday following their second weekend. Payment is preferred at the time of return.
To reserve product in the Adirondack District, contact Ryan Lee.
To reserve product in the Turning Point District, contact Beth Bush.
Greater Capital Region Nuts for Scouting Product Availability:
- Choose your requested time from the dates below.
- Contact Ruth LaCoss to make your reservation.
- If you sign up for product for Show n' Sell and your plans change, please notify us so we can make the product available to another unit.
Thursday, February 2 - Tuesday, February 14
- Set 1 - Reserved for Pack 4013
- Set 2
Thursday, February 9 - Tuesday, February 21
- Set 1 - Reserved for Post and Crew 5335
- Set 2
Thursday, February 16 - Tuesday, February 28
- Set 1 - Reserved for Pack 4022
- Set 2
Thursday, February 23 - Tuesday, March7
- Set 1 - Reserved for Pack 2253
- Set 2
Thursday, March 2 - Tuesday, March 14
- Set 1 - Reserved for Troop 1002
- Set 2
Thursday, March 9 - Tuesday, March 21
- Set 1 - Reserved for Troop 1075
- Set 2
Thursday, March 16 - Tuesday, March 28
How do we sign up?
Go here to fill out an online form.
Sale Timeline and Details
Sales Time: February 1, 2017 – March 27, 2017. (Sales start immediately upon receipt of the Official “Nuts For Scouting” Take Order Form)
Sales Order Turn-in: All orders must be turned in to the Albany Service Center by 5:00 pm, Monday, March 27, 2017 – No Exceptions. Use the Unit Master Order Form. Orders may be mailed, faxed, e-mailed or hand delivered, please NO phone orders.
Attn: Thomas Blackmon ([Click for member's page]) or Ruth LaCoss ([Click for member's page])
Product Pick-up: April 19 - 21st 20167(depending on location). You will have a choice of picking up your products at either the Taylor Warehouse in Gloversville, Frost Training Center at Camp Wakpominee in Ft Anne, Albany Service Center or Plattsburgh.
Payment Due Date: The total due to the Council is to be paid on or before Friday, April 21, 2017 (time of pickup). Payment is made on one unit check to Twin Rivers Council, BSA. We strongly suggest you collect the money when the customer orders. That will help with delivery and payment.
Who Can Help Me?
Be Safe and Be Courteous!
- Sell with another Scout or with an adult
- Never enter anyone's home
- Never sell after dark, unless with an adult
- Don't carry large amounts of cash
- Always walk on the sidewalk and driveway
- Be careful of dogs while selling
- Say thank you whether or not the prospect buys from you