PHILMONT TREK 2018
PHILMONT SCOUT RANCH, CIMARRON, NEW MEXICO
Philmont Scout Ranch is the premier high adventure camp located outside of Cimarron, NM on over 200 square miles of rugged New Mexico wilderness in the Sangre de Christo Mountain Range.
It provides an unforgettable adventure along its rugged rocky trails. Rich in program, trek participants meet the combined features of the old West, horseback riding, gold panning, chuck wagon dinners and interpretive history with exciting challenges for today including: rock climbing, burro racing, mountain biking and rifle shooting.
The Philmont experience is an unbeatable opportunity for fast-moving outdoor fun. Just ask someone who has been there!
- August 4 to August 17, 2018
- Youth Slots: 24 to 30 available
- Adult Slots: 6 to 12 available
- Youth Age Requirement: A youth must be 14 years of age OR 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade.
- Medical Requirement: Every camper and adviser is required to have a medical evaluation within 12 months of their participation date by a physician licensed to practice medicine. (Click Link for more Medical details)
- Cost: We expect the trip to cost between $1,700 and $1,900 (depending on airfare)
- Trip Includes:
- Philmont Fee (food and program)
- Bus Transport from Airport to Philmont
- Shakedown Weekend
Non refundable deposits of $100.00 is due to get your slot at the Twin Rivers Council Office along with completed:
Checks should be made payable to:
- Twin Rivers Council - 253 Washington Avenue Extension, Albany NY, 12205
- At time of Application - $100
- October 31, 2017 - $200
- November 30, 2017 - $200
- December 31, 2017 - $200 (Must be current, to keep spot)
- January 31, 2018 - $200
- February 28, 2018 - $200
- March 31, 2018 - $200
- April 30, 2018 - $200 (Must be current, to keep spot)
- May 31, 2018 - $200
- June 30, 2018 - $200
Total - $1,900
(Due to the expected high level of interest incomplete or improperly submitted forms may be rejected)